Subject: new parallel-I/O mailing list

From: [email-masked] (David Kotz)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 1995 12:53:50 -0500

I'd like to invite you to join a new parallel-I/O mailing list.
Several lists about parallel I/O exist, but they are all specific to
some effort (MPI, HPF, parallel transport protocol, etc), but there is
nothing for general research discussions.  This new list is intended
for individuals interested in research about parallel-I/O systems and
algorithms, including file systems, architectures, out-of-core
algorithms, compiler techniques, language extensions, run-time
support, APIs, application requirements and workload characterization,
disk arrays, tape striping, and perhaps graphics and networking.  I
hope people will use it to announce new papers, projects, web pages,
workshops, software packages, and so forth.  I also expect people will
use it as a way to discuss topic of common interest.  It is
unmoderated, so the usual rules of courtesy apply.  Please note that
lots of relevant information can be found at

                http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/pario.html

To subscribe, send a message to [email-masked] with the
following BODY (Subject ignored):
	subscribe parallel-io

To post a message to the list, just mail it to [email-masked]

No archive is currently planned, but might be considered.

[Apologies to those who see this invitation several times.]

Thanks,

David Kotz
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science
Dartmouth College
6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
Hanover, NH  03755-3510 USA
email: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~dfk/
603-646-1439