Subject: Queries

From: Michael Metcalf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 92 18:46:31 SET

Coming, as I do, late into the discuusion, I would be grateful
for a number of clarifications based on the document dated 1 June:

     1) Has it been noticed that MVBITS appears both in the list
        of intrinsic functions (incorrectly) and in the list of
        intrinsic subroutines (correctly) that are f90 subset features?

     2) Should the reference to assumed-size arrays that is in the
        list of features not in the f90 subset in fact be to
        assumed-shape arrays?

     3) If interface blocks are to be allowed in the subset, the most
        convenient way to handle them is by adding them to a MODULE and
        USEing it. Similarly, the most convenient way to break some of
        the unwanted storage association properties of arrays in
        COMMON is to specify them instead in type specification
        statements placed in a MODULE and to propagate them throughout a
        program by USE statements. Is there thus not a good case
        for adding *limited* MODULE/USE functionality to the subset?
        Would that not make the task of the association WG easier?

   Can anyone enlighten me?

                           With many thanks,

                                            Mike Metcalf