Subject: F90 group homework

From: [email-masked] (Mary E Zosel)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 16:32:21 -0700

F90 HPF Group

We have several action items due for the meeting in two weeks:

(1) The second reading of the storage proposal is due.
       - draft just sent out
       - additional edits needed
       - what more?

(2) The first reading of anything new for the subset language
    is due. After the straw poll, the following proposals were
    needed:
       - addition of procedureless modules - Fuhler was going to
            do this, starting with Highnam's original proposal.
       - interface blocks need to be restricted slightly
       - a proposal for entity-oriented declarations was to be
            prepared for the purpose of discussion. (Might be
            rejected since the strawpoll was in conclusive.

(3) The initial draft of the document is now available.  I have the
postscript version that was posted at titan.cs.rice.edu, in the
directory public/HPFF/draft.  I have sent Dave some additional
text for the introduction. 
 For Chapter 8 - the part on storage
association should be relatively readable.  I have not yet checked
section 8.5 (parameter passage) to see how complete it looks in
the document context. 
 We need to decide on the form of Chapter 9 -
the Subset chapter. Currently it is Dave's original text which
includes discussion of what is in and out of the proposed subset -
but this version does not reflect what we have formally approved -
for example, it says that the subset includes the object-oriented
syntax (what I called entity-oriented above).  We have not yet 
approved this. This document section needs work. I have the
latex versions of both chapters.

    -mary-