Subject: washington meeting?

From: [email-masked] (Mary E Zosel)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 92 09:08:00 -0700

Group 1
The schedule that Ann sent out does not match the notes I took at the
last meeting about the schedule.  I have sent a query to Chuck for
clarification.

I will not arrive until late afternoon Wednesday.  If there is no ICS BOF,
we could schedule a Wed. evening subgroup meeting - but a BOF would take
precedence if it is arranged.  I'm hoping there will be time on Thursday
am for some subgroup discussions.

For the meeting, we expect to have the proposal from Ken to compare with
the Schreiber/Swift proposal.  One of these should be adopted at the
meeting.   We also should consider the possibility of procedureless
modules to see if this is a help for the template scope problems.

I also note that we were rather impulsive in including interface
blocks and array sections without any restrictions in the proposal
for the array sublanguage.  I think what we intended for the interface
blocks was just the subroutine prototypes --- not the operator definitions,
etc.  Also for array sections, especially when crossing subroutine
boundaries, we might want to consider some limitations - these
sections can get very creative - and I note that group 2 is having
some interesting discussions about even the "simple"
regular sections.

    -mary-