Subject: Welcome to hpff-bench!

From: [email-masked] (Chuck Koelbel)
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 14:21:01 -0600

Welcome to [email-masked]!

This is a mailing list for the discussion of HPF benchmarks.  In
particular, it will be the electronic home of the HPFF II benchmarking
subgroup (chaired by Joel Saltz).

Some administrivia:

You can mail to the list at [email-masked] or [email-masked].
The former alias probably routes the mail through one fewer machine, but
otherwise they are equivalent.

To add yourself to the list, send mail to [email-masked] with the line

add hpff-bench

in the message body.  NOTE: Do _not_ send the mail to [email-masked] or
[email-masked] - you will just annoy people!

To delete yourself from the list, send mail to [email-masked]
with the line

delete hpff-bench

in the message body.  NOTE: Do _not_ send the mail to [email-masked] or
[email-masked] - you will just annoy people!

To add or delete someone else from the list, give them the above
instructions.  You cannot add/delete another person directly.

One-time deal: If you add or delete yourself between May 12 and May 17,
1994, please send mail to [email-masked] to confirm this.  We have had
intermittent reports of hpff-request failures, so I'd like to check this
out manually.

                                                Chuck Koelbel

PS  Because I lost part of my notes, I used the HPFF II April attendee list
to create this list.  Therefore, if you signed up someone who was not
physically at the meeting (a graduate student or employee, for example),
they will have to add themselves as described above.